Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire are now recruiting for the post of Resettlement & Equalities Support Officer.
The main purpose of this role is to strengthen the ‘supply’ end of social and community supports to refugees, asylum seekers or other displaced people resettled within the North Lanarkshire area. The role will also involve the following:
- Increasing the awareness and capacity of the Community & Voluntary Sector and community-based organisations to deliver interventions that meet resettlement ‘demand’ within the local area.
- Working collaboratively with statutory and community-based partners in assisting refugees, asylum seekers or other new arrivals to reach their own goals in their integration into the North Lanarkshire area.
- Support a holistic needs assessment and support the preparation of a client specific ‘Integration and Support Plan’ based on need profile and demographic.
- Support collaborative and partnership planning – where there are shared priorities, guiding local resources to address gaps in provision, reduce duplication and improve support pathways.
- Contribute to the development of support packages with external agencies as appropriate according to the clients’ needs.
- Build in sustainability of support, engage and encourage local volunteers to enhance community support and engagement around integration, equalities, and cultural awareness.
- The role will provide a flexible level of support working proactively across a highly political and evolving agenda.
Full details of the role can be found in the job description and person specification.
If you wish to apply for the post, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com setting out how you fulfil the requirements of the role with reference to the Job Description and Person Specification, which is available to download from the link above.
The closing date for applications is Friday 19th August at midday.