VANL Training Calendar 2022
Our VANL training dates for 2022 are still under review, check back later for further updates.
NORTH LANARKSHIRE ADULT PROTECTION COMMITTEE - MULTI AGENCY ADULT PROTECTION TRAINING:
Awareness of Risk and Responsibility in Adult Protection
This course provides and interim replacement of the multi-agency face to face adult protection training facilitated as part of the Adult Protection annual training provision.
This MS Teams online course is led by a trainer and includes activities, discussion and PowerPoint learning. You will be emailed the programme as part of the preparation.
This course is aimed at those staff who work in:
• North Lanarkshire Council/ Health and Social Care Partnership
• NHS Lanarkshire
• Police Scotland
• Community, Voluntary & Independent Sector;
and who in the course of their work duties come into contact with adults who may be at risk of harm.
You should be aware of your roles and legal duty in adult protection and know how to recognise potentially harmful situations, and to report concerns regarding an adult to social work services.
Aims and Objectives:
• To raise awareness of the Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007
• To clarify the principles, duties and responsibilities under the Act
• To ensure staff are aware of their duty for recognition and referral of adults at risk
• To ensure staff are skilled and confident in recognising and responding appropriately where adults are at risk
• To raise awareness and understanding of the importance of multi-agency working in adult protection
Why is it a multi agency training event?
Adult support and protection is a shared responsibility for all the agencies above.
There is a recognised benefits in learning together, sharing practice issues and effective networking, which contribute positively to the development of multi-agency working and ensuring that our most at risk adults are as safe and protected as they can be.
To access this training, please forward a completed nomination form to Mary Murphy, admin assistant at email@example.com.